Sunday, November 15, 2009

Toasts: To Some Wonderful Women.....

Allow me to take this opportunity to propose a toast to some of the strong, independent, tender, feisty, interesting, funny, compassionate, loving, and fabulous women who I am pleased to have in my life. (and in my home. And in my yard; tossing goblets into my tub).Well, maybe it's best to do a few toasts.... to the best dressed....
... I think...
... to she who runs with scissors...
... to the best decorated bathtub...
... to the best attitude...
And although it appears that we have run plumb out of glasses with which to propose toasts; I simply must insist on a few more.

To MD: the award for "best toast"- which went something like this: "Here's to never being hungry again in order to become a lesser size."

To AS: The award for "most reliable hostess" (and photographer). These parties would be embarrassing failures without your impeccable grace.

To J, H, M, K, and B. The award for "not leaving with the masses"- I so enjoyed talking and listening until the candles burned themselves out.

To LE: The award for being "the best surprise in my neighborhood". Thanks for your warmth, your smile, and your presence.

To LL: The award for frequent and faithful attendance, and a bright and lovely smile.

MKG: The award for "longest distance travelled"- wow! that meant a lot; I'm so glad you came.

And the inaugural award goes out to: B, D, and K. May this be the beginning of many more Ugly Sweater Parties to be graced by your attendance.


(K- you really must have an additional toast: Here's to being comfortable in slacks.




9 comments:

Karla said...

It was life-giving to me... slacks and all.

Anonymous said...

It was so much funnnnnnnnn. The drive home was uneventful and I didn't need any extra caffeine! Karla, great to meet you!

Anonymous said...

Oooooooo, I won........I really won....well...um...I'd like to thank the academy for their faith in me, and my family for supporting......oh, wait, this isn't the acadamy is it??

Well, ok then.
Joyce, I consider it an honour and a great privilage to be called your friend. You inspire me. I had an awesome time at your party, as I do every year. The ice breaker game was amazingly fun and insightful! Can't wait till next year!
LL

Valerie Ruth said...

hey

i would have loved to come but had no easily accessible sweater and no opportunity to find one with my little one in tow. and perhaps i was a tad shy.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time - MK

Heather Plett said...

Wish I'd been there.

joyce said...

VR- I get the part about "shy". It's always hard to make yourself vulnerable and just show up at someone's house when it's a first. I'll hold out for next year... And maybe you should plan on bringing a friend. That way you always have someone to rely on.

Heather- Here's to next year...

Melanie said...

I'm so sorry I missed this! I will make it to one of these parties one of these years.

Mel

Anonymous said...

Why did I think the party was coming up this Saturday? We just came home on the 13th fr. BC.