Friday, December 23, 2005

Sammy's 3rd birthday

The sequence of events:
5:30 first three children arrive, tucked back into bed.
7:30 three more children
7:45 wake up the seven children sleeping upstairs, feed them breakfast, send eight children off to school
8:45 three more children arrive
9:00 feed some more children
9:15 to 10:15 mix up a recipe of cupcakes,(gonna be a great birthday!), a recipe of cream cookies, a recipe of ginger snaps (gonna be one heck of a birthday!)
10:30 dig up some candles, some "happy birthday" napkins (wow, this is gonna be great!)
10:45 take out the cupcakes, notice I have no ginger, too bad I already mixed up a whole batch of gingersnaps. phone a friend, do you have ginger? Hey, why don't you come for cupcakes? bring the kids! Its gonna be GREAT!
11:00 friend arrives, two more kids. We're up to eight preschoolers now, in case you were having trouble keeping up ( I sometimes do). Gee that kid sure is scratching her head a lot, she tells me its her new pink shampoo that makes her itchy. I check just to make sure. Line up the kids around the table,time to light the candles on the cupcakes. Everyone is thirsty, someone wants cheese. How come I have a ziploc bag full of matches, but no striker anywhere? turn on the stove, lay the match on it til it lights. Okay, light the candles. Yes, I know you are thirsty. Ok, yes, lets sing happy birthday, THEN I'll take you to the potty. Gee, that kid must really be reacting to that Pink shampoo. Hey, ginger friend, would YOU mind checking her head: I know you've dealt with this before, thanks.
11:10 We have uninvited guests. They are small, they are itchy.

1 comment:

andrea said...

What? You sometimes have trouble keeping up? I had trouble just keeping up with your post. Head lice or not, I wish my kids could spend some time at your house... :) Merry Christmas, Joyce.