Thursday, November 08, 2007

Thursday... that's Two Days Before Saturday, Right?!

I blinked once or twice, spit out a cuticle or nine, and
SHA-ZAM! suddenly its The Thursday Before The Saturday That We've All Been Planning For. The pumpkins have gone the way of the compost, the nails have been counted, a snappin' pair of shoes have been purchased, and a fresh bouquet of flowers plucked. The seams in my lycra pants have been let out. aaaaaahh. But that only increases their appeal.

So what remains, you ask? Well, for you, my guests, I really wanted to get the curtains up in the front window just in case you have some reservations about local voyeurs parading past. Your comfort level may not include showing off your prowess to all those gossipy old farmers and spectis employees on their way serve up some dish at "The Chef".

Then there's the details, such as finding out what culinary delight Brian will stir up for us to enjoy. I may find the time to mop up the splotches of macaroni and curdled milk as well. Maybe hang up the mirrors that have been precariously leaned up against the entry wall for many days now.

OH! and I better not forget to touch up my roots!
I just have to decide whether I was blonde, and then went red, or whether I was mousey brown and then decided to go ash blonde. This whole colouring to let the roots look really bad might get complicated....

See you Saturday!

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

Have fun, wish I could be there, but I am picking up my hubby on Saturday and seeing as how I haven't seen him for 8 months, I thought maybe, just maybe, i should spend the day with him.

gloria said...

sadly, my husband has decided that he WOULD like for me to attend his Christmas banquet with him. I am not going to be able to make it afterall. :(

Anonymous said...

You all are going to have fun--some of us live WAY too far away and have a craft show to be vendor at Saturday. :)

Anonymous said...

You people are all party poopers. See you tomorrow, Joyce!

joyce said...

I'm with alinonymous. party poopers. I'm thinking that this is kinda like that biblical banquet where the tables were filled with the bums from the highways and the biways and alley ways.
HAH! (she says, pouting) WHO NEEDS YOU?! (well, me.... and I do wish you were ALL coming....)

*sigh*

joyce said...

...well, not to suggest (cough, sniffle, sniffle) that you people who ARE coming are bums, (heh, heh, shuffle, shuffle....)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait. My handbag is waiting...

gloria said...

Screams in agony! You were in bold black BLOCK letters on my oversized fridge calendar for MONTHS, and then a mere 2 weeks from the happy occassion, a staff Christmas Party gets sprung on me by my husband. Oh the pain and yearning!

Instead of that tight unbottoned number I was ready to don, I had to purchase respectable age appropriate attire that cost me $130.00 instead of $13.00!

How is that even right?

Lyss said I shoulda told him to stuff it. (Not a direct quote, but close enough).

gloria said...

LOL @ bums. I was reading buns and was thinking to myself, "has she been too near the caulking gun again?" It simply made no sense!