Tuesday, May 02, 2006

And God Is Perfect

There are some relatively simple concepts in life that become more clear to me with age and life experience. For example: commandment #7 of Exodus. "You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name."

I run a home daycare. Every day starts early, and with both feet on the floor. As a generalization, I love looking after people's needs and making their days meaningful and fun. I'm not perfect though, and there are certain things that irritate me to no end. My pet peeve? The misuse and over use of my name! From 6:00 or 7:00 am I hear "JO-WIIIICE, JO-WIIICE, JO-WIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (Now, imagine that in the sound of tickle-me-Elmo).

I'm sure I'm over generalizing here, but I look after only 4 or 5 preschoolers at a time. God has humanity in its entirity to deal with.

I can really see the point of this commandment now.

1 comment:

Romeo Morningwood said...

Number 7 is exactly why I never say YAHWEH!!! when I bang my finger with a hammer.

I can't get my head around dealing with all of humanity either...or even 4 or 5 preschoolers for that matter.

So cheer up JO-WIIIICE, message received.....