Friday, April 20, 2007

A Little Reminder About May 26

Its good to have something to look forward to.
Just one tip for any of you out there on your eighth day of the slim-fast "lifestyle change" so that you can get into that gown from '81. There are two approaches here. Go to some yard sales or thrift shops (don't be afraid of confrontation here...) and find yourself a bigger size. OR.....

You could do what a certain bride did at her famed wedding at Sarto Hall. Legend has it that the gown did not quite "fit like a glove". Undaunted, she simply pulled the zipper up as high as it would go, and safety-pinned it the rest of the way.

Industrious, really.



* just so I'm clear*

Once you have read about the party, consider yourself invited. If you've not been here before, go to my profile, send me an e-mail, and I'll provide you with directions.

Its good to have something to look forward to.

10 comments:

it's a gong show... said...

Oh, NO reminder is needed my friend, the day is circled on the calendar. You are quite the tease posting those pictures of what is yet to come. Good times!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Joyce. I AM on a drink some shakes twice a day regimen so I can have the illusion of a waist on my wedding day. Would LOVE to attend your party. Makes me excited to start hosting my own again. You are such an inspiration. Laura

gloria said...

OMIGOSH, i bought a 17 piece china set at the Steinbach Thrift this week, do you need place settings??? Apparently it is portable!

joyce said...

just wait on who you call a tease. Just you wait for the lingerie sticking out of the bridal apparel and the stockings that end just above my chubby knees...

Well, thanks Laura! I still have that orange number from your other wedding. it is quite a lovely dress, actually. Perhaps you'd care to recycle? Linda (K) always dreamt of being a flowergirl. I could loan her the little orange dress, yes?

Gloria- be careful what you volunteer for. At this wedding, we'll be using "disposable" china. When you've done using your plate, simply fling it at the available target. Anyone is welcome to bring items to use as the bullseye. So, unless you consider it a "one time" 17 piece set of china... you'd best reconsider.

(thank you, though!)

gloria said...

doh! takes it all back! I feel like a princess when i use the "forbidden china" as everyday dinnerware. and i wanna feel like a princess for a long time!

Anonymous said...

I'm decorating in orange again. So, Linda K - Wanna come? Wanna be my flowergirl? I dare you! Laura

Anonymous said...

Well I know I still fit into my wedding dress, cause it had a stretchy panel in the front: ) .....wish, wish i could come but we may be at the trailer that week....Lindalew

lettuce said...

poo.

why don't you live in the UK?

Roo said...

AND
what about the "idea" of asking local boutique workers what they think about the idea of RENTING an outfit or two instead of having to fork over $10 for shiny satin?????

hmmmm joyce?

Linda said...

It would take months, yea years of slim fast for this body to fit into a gown meant for a young, 20 something bride.