Wednesday, July 02, 2008

A Few "Mom Points"


2008 Summer....
zoo.... check.
lake.... check.
backyard campfires.... check.
Rapidly make close, close friends with people who erected a 27 foot round pool..... check.
Parade, fair rides, fireworks... check, check, check.
slurpees.... check.
Looks like we are well on our way. Upcoming? Winnipeg Folk Fest!! (Can't wait, and seeing as it is only a week away, I don't have long to wait. Oh, the people I can watch.... :)
Kids going to camp, me cooking at camp, water-skiing with the big brother, more trips to the lake, beach days, camping, and all the while trying to pack a few more freckles into the empty spaces.

5 comments:

Heather Plett said...

My daughter Julie has the most delightful freckles and I LOVE how they pop out at this time of year!

See you next week at FF! Yay!

Valerie Ruth said...

i have NEVER been to folk fest!

Linda said...

Sounds like it's going to be a great summer! I won't be seeing you at FF. Got a family wedding to attend.

Sigh.

gloria said...

love that you finally got the peony issue resolved. no country garden is complete without them

:)

Anonymous said...

Folk fest...people watching...when is it..I'll find out. Way to take summer by the horns.