Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 6- Happy



Please make the time to watch the youtube short film entitled Validation.
It is well worth the fifteen minutes. If I can't convince you; read the following description from streeteditors:

Films have a powerful effect on the human psyche. Some of them make you laugh, cry, question and comprehend and some educate you about worlds unknown. Short film Validation is one of those films that will make you smile. It tells the story of a parking attendant who gives his customers validation by dispensing both free parking and free compliments. Above all, it profiles the importance of acknowledging and ‘validating’ people. It’s a great reminder of how we can all create a better world, by sharing a smile and a few kind words. Validation has been played at 34 film festivals worldwide and has won 17 awards, which shows that people are searching for films with a more spiritual and enlightening angle. For 16 minutes of inspiring film, take a moment to watch Validation. (streeteditors)





I had the pleasure of viewing this film at church on Sunday. Like Pastor Peter indicated-- there are millions of messages that could be preached after an intro like this. (just an FYI- its not preachy or religious in any way, so don't let that throw you.

It's a particularly happy feeling to sit through Sunday morning and come away inspired and joyful.

Happy, even.

5 comments:

mmichele said...

i'm liking all your happies.

Mary KG said...

Very cute. My happy today was 6, yes SIX real scrabble games with my favorite mother-in-law. Plus she made supper for me in there as well. She won 4, I won 1, and we tied 1. She's the best. Schwester Mary

gophercheeks said...

So glad I took the 16 minutes to watch that....great way to start my happy day!
Thanks.

I also wanted to add that I absolutely adore your collection of vintage 'stuff'. There is something to be said about treasures with a story. You're neat. I like you.

Janice said...

My table and chairs are a perfect size for a 2 year old - I have a picture of Alison with a birthday cake with 2 candles, with that set. Funny thing was at the time I was very broke and they were the cheapest thing around - and that was what she used, until she out grew them.

Love that video - have seen it before. I could go to your church, if that is what your pastor is teaching.

joyce said...

thanks, Michele. I'm coming over there to see yours too.

Mary- I suppose you have a gargantuan vocabulary to show for it?

GC- YAY! you watched it. I know its lengthy, and if I went over to a blog with a 16 minute link, I don't think I'd do it. But I'm glad you did. Worth it, yes?

And I'm glad you like the stuff collections. If this is all about "happy" for another 23 days, there's going to be MORE Vintage! It makes me super happy.

I like you too.

Janice- start a blog and post a photo of that set. sounds utterly adorable.

Remarkable, isn't it, that it was our church service? And that my pastor is a recovered Mennonite? He's been ON FIRE lately. So utterly wonderful, and liberating, and joyful-- that's what church has been lately. That takes a whole lot of stress off. When church drives me crazy, I really feel unmoored in almost every possible way.

I wish you could come to my church.