A turquoise vingnette that makes me happy when my eyes fall upon it.
- an old metal play fridge that I found at a local yard sale kind of shoved off to the side. I was really afraid that the vendor had realized what a treasure it was and decided against selling it. So, with fear and trepidation I approached her. She was busy overpricing really ugly Wal-Mart type stuff and seemed mildly embarrassed about the dirty old fridge. I got it for a dollar. I nearly died with happy.
- Inside the fridge are some vintage play dishes, and some Lee Valley watch piece containers stuffed with buttons and trim. Ahem.
- The iron. Thank you, Lisa, for allowing me to choose that iron out of the box of junky toys that we bought at that auction sale. That iron makes me so happy just to look at it. Just Look At It! (Don't you feel happy?)
- a vintage children's sewing pattern, thanks to my kind mother-in-law. Her name is written on the front in really pretty, feminine script. I really like that touch.
- It is held in a gorgeous vintage glass picture frame. (where did I get that from, again? hmmm. I usually remember these things. I forget school forms, appointments, suitcases, geography, and mathematics. But I remember where really great stuff came from. Except in this case....)
That little collection sits on a shelf in my sewing room.
It puts happy into my life.
What helps you find your happy today?