Monday, August 09, 2010

In Celebration of Women

Sometimes I call it serendipitous.
Often I call it "A God Thing".

These paths crossing with women who speak boldly and softly into my life. They remind me of who I am, then urge me on to who I want to become.

They touch parts of me that hibernate deep inside. We are connected by shared experience, yearning, reaching onward and forward.

And back.
We glance back to sniff for clues to the lies we bought into early. The garments that fit long ago and constrict us now.

We sit together.
Safe there.
Even in the tatters, tears, and stains.

And with that vulnerability comes renewed expectancy of what is yet to come.

For her; for me. For all of us. Together.

2 comments:

janice said...

You are such a talented wordsmith. I would love to sit down with you over a glass of wine, and hear the back-story to this eloquence.

Anonymous said...

ditto..
back story.
ditto..
wine.
bolerB.