Thursday, January 19, 2006

Diagnosis, please?

I really am grateful for the oppurtunity to work from home, but there are certain aspects of it which I tire of. I wonder if there is some sort of diagnosis for people who begin to scream uncontrollably from being subjected to the monotony of everyday chores. Ok, lately they feel like every-other-minute chores.

* clearing the bathroom floor of millions of bits of shredded toilet paper after the cat clearly won the victory with its make belief mouse.

*returning all 89 pieces of the sponge bob ants in pants game into the box.

*laundry (anybody who gets by without hiring a domestic knows what I mean.)

* removing toothpaste deposits.

There are many, many more, but if I bore you with any more, you too will begin to scream uncontrollably.........

5 comments:

andrea said...

I'm already screaming! I know what you're talking about, though my own chasing of Spongebob Squarepants pieces is on a different plane now.

Bloglines hasn't been telling me when your blog updates. I'll have to quit paying them. D'oh!

joyce said...

"bloglines" sounds like such a good idea- here I never knew of its existence and now I won't have to bother with cancelling them....

can you at least suggest that your form of spongebob pieces is a little less monotonous? Or, I will assume I have endless years to look forward to, and my heart will stop beating out of sheer boredom of having to beat again and again and again.......

Anonymous said...

* removing toothpaste deposits.

What I don't get is how, since our kids clean all the sinks each week, they can continue to leave those flippin' toothpaste blobs and not make the connection. Is long-term memory a stage they go through later?

joyce said...

listen, Rod: the whole "memory" thing is a stage I think we missed entirely.

WCTs said...

LOL about the TP kitty event.
Stop by to visit us if you are need of therapy for Mom's with kitties!

Toothpaste...why can't it just slide down the sink? And it never stays on the brush. Sheesh!

The Whippy Curly Tails in the Toasty South!

=^..^=