Thursday, January 12, 2006

Thanks to my blogger friend for letting me play her online game. If I were meant to be born in this technological century I would do that little tricky thing where I put Christy's blog address here, in blue so that you could visit it, but I still don't know how to operate our stereo.....

1. Four names you go by:
1) Joycie
2) darlin' (with a newfie slang, thanks, cheri)
3) Kehler (Brian)
4) baby (my dad, although I hated it until my thirties, then decided to embrace it, now he never says it any more.....)

2. Four of your everyday essentials:
1) strong coffee
2) conversation
3) seeing beauty in my home
4) enough rest

3. Four things you are wearing right now:
1) bra (the kind that comes with boobs)
2) thrift shop jeans, nice and comfy
3) hairy legs
4) one spot of red nail polish on my big toe, from last summer

4. Four things you did yesterday:
1) had my dad, mom, and big brother over for dinner
2) folded laundry at 5:30 am
3) drank 6 cups of water (I'm trying, really trying.)
4) went through Jane's closet. If she ever tells me again that she has nothing to wear, I'll have to punish her severely.


5. Four things you want to do really badly right now:
1) go to a thrift shop and discover an awesome piece of china or pottery, or an old hat with fabric flowers on it.
2) have another coffee, but I've already had 3
3) see all my children (biological and borrowed) healthy and off to school
4) eat a bitter classic truffle, leftover from Brian's teacher gifts


6. Four places you would like to vacation:
1) take my whole family to Thetis Island
2) see the East Coast
3) visit my brother and his family in Uganda
4) go to Haiti, or India or anywhere and adopt a baby

7. Four things you want to do before you die:
1) live in total victory, really understand what freedom in Christ means
2) sew a crazy quilt
3) pierce my nose?
4) make a difference ( I know that's cliche, but I really mean it)

8. Four things that show you are stereotypically a girl:
1) I check the size of my thighs in every shop window
2) I can be completely melted down by my emotions
3) love to find a good bargain
4) love a good lipstick

Thanks, blogger friend.

2 comments:

andrea said...

I so relate to these things, Joyce. Mostly:

#3: 2) I spent an hour at both the Sally Ann and SPCA thrift shops today while waiting for my car to be serviced and came away with some awesome discoveries: silk shirt for my husband, black wool J. Crew pullover and Chinese silk dress for myself, and all for less than $20. I'm amazing. :)

#4: 3) That drinking 8 glasses of water thing is hooey (she says, raising the glass to her lips again...)

#5: 1) I looked for a Royal Albert teacup/saucer to add to my collection today, but no luck.

#5: 4) Yes.

#6: 1) I did something naughty with my husband in Thetis Lake once....

#6: 4) My choice would be China as I'm an absolute mushcake around my friend's two adopted girls.

#7: 3) I'm thinking my eyebrow...

#8: 3) And I proved it again today.

That was fun!

joyce said...

I almost hate to tell you this, but I have discovered a thrift shop in a neighboring town that thinks its still 1812... The prices range from $2.00 (Sammy's down jacket) to 10 cents (a room full of dishes, and sometimes 25 cent china pieces).
I make myself silly there, and feel like an irresponsible consumer if my bill spikes past $5.00!!!(not that this diminishes your finds at all....)