Saturday, January 14, 2006

Spinach Salad

I should be making a spinach salad right now. That sounds about as exciting as yesterday when my big friday night plans were to finish defrosting the coffin.... er, deep freeze that came with our house , could easily hide 3 to 5 bodies, and probably uses enough hydro in a month to heat a small Inuit community. I just keep wandering over to the computer, looking for something- a comment, or an e-mail, or WHAT?! It's not like I need affirmation. I am married to a man who thinks I'm the cat's meow. I have four kids who are not yet smart enough to notice that I'm actually human. I even have two cats. (see above, about the husband, since he despises felines). I have the best friends in the entire world. Friends who make me laugh, make me cry, make me sew their daughters doll clothes.

And did I mention that I have a new TV? Yeah, that's why I'm down here at the computer in peace, with a half glass of wine, babbling away. 'Cuz the faint sound of Blue's CLues is now a lovely BACKGROUND noise instead of an annoying, in-my-face irritant right behind me.

I'm not making the salad because I'd rather be writing, rather not be messing up the kitchen (again), rather be in conversation with all my invisible friends.

It's my blog and I can whine if I want to.

2 comments:

andrea said...

Hi Joyce. I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. And check out my new format and header and send Brian over. I'm so excited about it I just had to brag...

My word verification is MUUGFAGQ. Sounds like an insult to me...

Christy said...

You would whine too if it happened to you...buba ba ba!

Thanks..now guess what will be going around in my head all night?!