Monday, March 06, 2006

Just for Something Different

Because I don't spend enough of my time with preschoolers, I volunteered this morning at a MOPS program at a nearby church. (Moms of preschoolers). I used my clever methods of deception and distraction to keep the little monsters from running out of the room, screaming for their mommies. Promises such as: "Don't worry- your mommy will be right back, right after we make this little boat craft". Not a lie at all. Except that after the craft is a game of fishing for paper fishies, a billion or two action songs, a snack, plus a few games of London Bridges, (one little girl was singing: "All them bridges falling down; my old lady"). When the program ran 15 minutes overtime, (putting us at the two and a half hour mark), I nearly burst into tears and ran down the hall calling for MY MOMMY!

2 comments:

Celena said...

Oh girl, I think it's time you started hanging out with some kids your own age!!

joyce said...

AMEN!! just 4 days till my highly awaited weekend away with the sistas. I hope I remember how to speak in complete sentences, and eat without a bib.