Sunday, August 27, 2006

Choose

grey haired preacher pair in matching lilac

people saying Jeeeee-susssssss, yesssssss Lord;
not bothering with embarrassment

bad sweaters on lumpy bodies

soft babies who crap their drawers in worship service

weird people

the foolish things of the world to shame the wise

the lowly and despised things nullify the things that are

Judging others and sitting in places of superiority will find the one judging to become poor-- the loss of oppurtunity to learn from and be enriched by such rich diversity.

Pride only breeds quarrels, but wisdom is found in those who take advice.*

(*Proverbs 13:10)

3 comments:

Brian the Mennonite said...

I guess I should get off of my judgmental ass and just start coming to church with you again, despite my misgivings about the whole thing.
If I haden't already bookmarked you, I would do it now.
I love what you write.

Roo said...

that's truth.
thanks for sharing.
i needed to read this.

esther said...

beautiful, Joyce,...