Friday, April 17, 2009

Pathetic, Apathetic, or Just Dragging Myself Along?


I have a great life. I don't have really good reasons to be in the place where my most favourite thing to do is sleep. But the reality is that lately, I'm sort of disappointed when morning comes.
When this happens, I like to take particular note of the exceptional, ordinary goodness around me.


Like this Easter bread. Which my neighbor on the next block over gave to me because she said that I am special. I happen to know that she "knighted" other women as special, and gave them Easter bread as well; but when I got that delicacy (and ate... YUM...) I truly felt special. Without a word of a lie, that was the best Easter bread I've ever eaten. (I hope my mother never reads this.... Sorry, Mom. You've been outdone. Besides; you never gave me any. So there.)

And these two vintage table cloths. Would you believe me if I told you that there was one of the parcel cards in our postal box that said "come in and see the postmaster"? Well.... there was. And when Brian went in, she gave him these tablecloths.
They were for me.
And the Darfur project.
Isn't that incredibly unusual and wonderful?
Good night. I think I'm tired but I don't really care if I am or not....

3 comments:

Roo said...

hmmmm what that "neighbor" someone that i know too? cuz it sounds a little suspiciously familiar to what margie-belle is known for. and it looks like her paska too.

love your new table cloths. can i have them?

just kidding.

sort of. ;) xo

Judy said...

Gee.

I'd try to say something delightful to lift your sleepy-spirits, but, then I'd have to not be soo sleepy-spirited myself.

Or, would I?

(hear me singing, extremely off-key, "The sun will come out, tomorrow, you can bet your bottom dollar tomorrow...")

There. I tried.

Now I'll just pray for you. I do that silently.

lettuce said...

joyce I know that feeling so well, disappointed when the morning comes

and its always the exceptional ordinary goodness that helps turn the disappointment around

I'm glad you have good friends taking care of you

xx