Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Blogger Bonuses

Today I had an unexpected pleasure. A brown paper package tied up with pretty pink ribbon, containing...... (wait for it, wait for it!) A NEW TOWEL!!! I won't have to get remarried after all.

Blogging has brought with it some unexpected pleasures. The first was Brian and I thoroughly enjoying reading each others' writing. ( Makes sense, in retrospect. That's how we first fell in love- they were called letters in the olden days. ) That has blossomed into a friendly rivalry ie: "How many comments did YOU get?!", or "Yeah? Well, I'm being read by a PUBLISHER!" or, "My friends started reading my blog, but they found yours and like it better!"

Second pleasure was additional human contact, since I work at home with approximately 62 pre-schoolers. Along those same lines, come pleasures numbered three, four, and five.
3. Esther: a sweet gal who logged on, and also lives in my town. What fun to meet, then discover she has actually been having coffee with me for months, unbeknownst to me!
4. Janice: My sis-in-law of 14 years. What a flattery to discover she enjoys the twisted honesty of my "private" (bah, ha, ha) cyber space gab spot. What a privelege to get to know each other better.
5. "towel lady" aka Ruth: another hometown gem. Turns out she stumbled upon my blog- and darn it, she too knows all my irregularities and arythmias. Still, she brought me the gift of a towel, having not only read the NEEDS (see prior post) but CARING ENOUGH to MAKE A DIFFERENCE!! Now, should my children go naked, Ruth will have clothed them. Should they become hungry... I don't know, but I'm sure Ruth has something to do with it. Should they become imprisoned.... (Okay, Joyce, we get the point.....)

These are all unexpected pleasures. I accept them with joy and gratitude.

5 comments:

Roo said...

YAHOOO!! yup, that's right. you don't have to worry about a THING now that RUTH's on the scene. hakunnah matatah to the MAX.

...and btw i LOVE your irregularities and arythmias (truth be told i am not sure what "arythmias" are but as soon as i log off i'm lookin it up.)

how would i ever learn anything if it tweren't for blogger. xo

joyce said...

Woops! That should have read "arrhythmia".

Roo said...

:) arrythmia - i like that word.
yah. strewth.

Anonymous said...

I'm honored to be considered one of your unexpected pleasures in your blog world! I to am grateful for this peek into your life!

esther said...

having coffee with you Joyce is ALWAYS a pleasure!!