Friday, June 09, 2006

Sometimes, I Amaze Me.

I may be getting a little cocky, and quite possibly developing a slight swagger. I am tempted to suggest that I am just a few degrees shy of the "who-needs-a-man club". (Except that I'm really not into the washing machine on the agitation cycle idea).

Not only am I adept with the drill, and so have managed to spruce up the exterior of the home with the powerful beast in hand..... I now have another achievement to share with you, my viewing audience. Yesterday, I got out the extension ladder ( that Brian picked up for a song at an auction- mind you, he sings rather well.......but I digress.) As I was saying, I had noted a tree growing in the eavestroughs, and though I was fascinated by the determination and resiliency of the thing, I had to question how well the rain water would make it to the downspout whilst flowing through a miniature forest.

My plan was thorough. Position the ladder, scoot up, (don't look down), grab sloppy hands full of composting leaves and tree seeds and raunchy rain water, hurl it down to the ground, all the while minding that no children or small animals become the inadvertent target.

By the time my man came home that afternoon, I was gloating.

He's just lucky that he's so cute and sexy, and that although I may not NEED a man, its no fun without him.

4 comments:

andrea said...

I like your new avatar. I see you've changed your hair again. :)

Brian the Mennonite said...

Because you chose not to make that story a whole lot funnier than you did, I have a surprise for you when I get home today.

Cherrypie said...

Sometimes I think it would be really nice to be Joyce, when I read things like this, then I read posts like the last one and I'm satisfied just knowing there's such a great woman out there x

Romeo Morningwood said...

All of this 'extensionalism' is making me dizzy.
You had better keep your mind out of the gutter my dear.