Thursday, June 08, 2006

Why I will Quite Possibly Drive a Fork through my Heart

There is a child who has come into my care every day, monday through friday for nearly a year now. EVERY SINGLE MORNING he tells me (the very moment his eyes open) that he is a little hungry, and what he would like for breakfast. EVERY SINGLE MORNING for almost a year now, I have explained that first, Joyce makes coffee, then Joyce makes breakfast, and there is no possible way that you will spend the morning WITHOUT breakfast; that its not very good manners to TELL your babysitter WHAT to make for breakfast, and that it's good manners to wait until you are presented with your breakfast, at which time, you are to say, "thank you."

This is brand new information for him, EVERY SINGLE MORNING.

5 comments:

Romeo Morningwood said...

Joyce..Joyce..I'm hungry too...I want French Toast.

Luv the about me photo Grrrr!

Lucy Kruze said...

Joyce that is so funny although I am sure its not very funny for you especially every single morning...
Whenever my youngest daughter nags me, which is constantly and every waking second, I always tell her that I am going to rip every single strand of my hair out of my head and then I am going to take her to school holding her hand as we walk thru the halls with gobs of my hair missing and read a lovely story to her entire class BALD !! That usely stops the nagging for a short time anyway. Doubtful it would work for you considering your problem is with someone elses spawn. I do sympathize with you though...he could at the very least wait until you have had your coffee first before he starts throwing the orders around.

joyce said...

I like it, though. Unfortunately, that would do NOTHING, even for my biological children, since after receiving a lovely gift of head lice from one of my daycare angels, I SHAVED MY HEAD! My daughter in grade 6 cried tears of horrer, and begged me to wear a hat to her Christmas concert. After that, whenever I make a threat (ie: If you people don't clean up this dump, I'm going to burn it down), she says "You know mom, I actually believe you would do that"!!
Some mornings, I just confuse the child by saying: "has Joyce had her coffee yet?, or "Why does no one ever ask me what I want?- What if I told you that I wanted 5 days off with pay?"
He usually looks quite baffled, and sort of amused, but it never stops him from saying the same bleeping thing the very next day....

Cherrypie said...

Thank goodness you get to give him back every night!

Laura said...

Oh my gosh! That is so funny. Every single morning! He must think if he doesn't tell you that he won't eat. Funny, what a short memory a kid can have...