Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Today I Just Wanna.....

(and it's nothing spectacular...)

I want to play the artist today. Go into my room, chain smoke, run my fingers through my hair, sigh deeply, get up to refill my coffee cup.....

Maybe by two oclock I could write something brilliant or sew something stupendous.

I want to mend Micah's pants, which ALL have blown knees, except the ones that he says are dorky because they have the wrong colour stripe on them and he refuses to wear them.

I want to work on the five or so bags that I'd like completed for Christmas. I want space for my mind to wander, to get lost in my buttons, fabric, piecing.

I want to wander over to the church, sans kids, and lose myself in the decorating of the place.

I want to vacuum the porch, which is quite gritty.

I want to stop clearing the same $^%$# stretch of kitchen counter which is never actually cleared, only partially cleared, and only just barely in time to prepare more ^%$%^& food for some individual who will surely starve if they are not fed that moment.

I want the individual who invented the sadistic, perverse concept of "moon sand" to be relocated to a small, desert island.

I want a decent backrub.

I don't want any super-sympathetic comments because I know that I'm being dramatic and that my life is really terrific. So, ROSE, this may be your oppurtunity to leave me one of those "get over yourself" comments.....

7 comments:

Linda said...

Hey, I have a kitchen counter just like yours!

Roo said...

:) i just wanna....have an empty my dryer for once in weeks.

and if thats not possible i'll settle for a clean counter as well.

Judy said...

I don't even know what I want anymore, so I envy you.

Bonnie said...

I also have one of those counters, do they come with every kitchen?

I wanna run away sometimes...

gloria said...

CMU is offering a one week writing course in Spring. It focuses on those that want to write their own story and gives them the tools to do it.

Whaddya say, wanna car pool?

Anonymous said...

Gloria, can I join the carpool????
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.
Lisa

joyce said...

don't know if you're checking back here for responses... but it seems sad and wrong to trail off on that note. I've been meaning to check into that course, maybe look for some info online. I'm in a writing club right now that I PAID MONEY FOR and so far, I think I'm a duck out of water on that one...