Friday, January 25, 2008

You Know It's Cold When

It's awfully nice to find something in your mailbox that doesn't require writing out a cheque.
So when Brian blustered in with an envelope addressed to MRS Joyce Hildebrand, my curiosity was arroused.
*
It was from my friend Ruth, who lives four streets over, in the very same town, with the very same windchill, experiencing the very same cabin fever as I.
*
It was a picture of a mildly hysterical artist woman looking mildly hysterical in the midst of her studio filled with even more supplies than my room-stuffed-of-inspiration.
*
And the caption from Ruthie read: "Joyce- I saw this picture and I thought of you. (SMILE)."
*
This I take as great encouragement. Maybe I could make a magazine spread for being hysterical and hoarding tonnes of stuff and turning it into other types of stuff like collages, and bags, and other artlike thingies. Maybe I could hoard more stuff.
*
Maybe.... no.... Definately, I'm really lucky to share this windswept town with someone like ruthie!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I'm lucky to share this frozen part of God's creation with both of you........missed you at coffee on Weds. but so glad to have seen you last night. L

Roo said...

:)awwwww.... you went and made my frostbitten heart all warm and fuzzy!

xo

gloria said...

ruthie is pretty special

but then, so are you

Judy said...

Oh! I LOVE that artist! I remember the first time I saw her studio - I think in a Home Companion magazine. I knew I had found someone who was just a shade more of a hoarder than I am.

Just a shade. And, a box of nuts. And, old photos. And, hat stickers. And, what-have-you. Lots and lots of what-have-you.