Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Killing Me Softly

Do you ever feel your life blood literally leeching out of your limbs?...heart... brain?

It seems that I committed my life to table-wiping and clutter-busting somewhere back in the '90's. But here's the kicker- its never done. And even when it is done; is never stays done.
Therefore you actually, inevitably begin to question your sanity.

How would a contractor feel if he daily arrived on the construction site to see his labours of yesterday utterly dismantled? What about the teacher who cracks open page one of the math book every single day for years on end? Or an exterminator who gets called to the very same building every day to kill the very same invasion of rats and cockroaches?

Just had to get that off my chest. Among a myriad of repetitive, monotonous tasks that I repeat daily, hourly, endlessly- my top three are:
  1. The kitchen counter. Seen by most as "that horizontal plane where everything belongs- backpacks, misc papers, lego bits, cords, scissors, dvd's..etc."
  2. The entire entry room. Filled with coat hooks for the convenience of daycare patrons. Seen by family as an excellent place to store clothes, backpacks, lego pieces......
  3. The bathroom/laundry room. Need I say more?

Indulge me with your twilight zones, if you please. Please?

7 comments:

christine said...

all i can say is AMEN SISTER!!!!
my twilight zone is pretty much the same verbatim.

gophercheeks said...

Floors..... FLOORS!! I can't keep up to sweeping, spot washing, mopping.

I hate floors!!
Bathrooms tend to piss me off too!


Why am I suddenly angry?

Roo said...

toys!
KITCHEN TABLE!
HIGH CHAIRS AND THE CRUMBS THAT ACCUMULATE UNDER THEM!

Anonymous said...

Gobs and gobs or pink bubble-gum flavoured toothpaste mixed with spit that are stuck to the side of the bathroom sink. Rinse, anyone??

And, my mirror in the bathroom where the pink gunky sink is.... the girls take their toothbrushes when they're finished brushing and tap them with great exuberance so that spit and toothpaste remnants splatter all over the mirror. That's fun to scrape off EVERY DAY. OK, who am I kidding. I should do it everyday but once every two months is more like it.

Karla

Danielle Says Hello said...

Definitely the kitchen counter.

lettuce said...

kitchen worktops

and even when "someone" who gets to stay at home ALL DAY with only bits of work to do manages to get around to filling and emptying the dishwasher, the worktop stays icky and greasy and tea stained and full of crumbs.....

i think the mess is invisible to everyone but me.


oh that moan felt good! thanks Joyce

Anonymous said...

Dance on your countertops, ladies! Do the rhumba in your water closet! Hug to your heart the mess life leaves . . because one day, one day - it will all be neat and tidy and your hall floor will be empty of shoes save your own and you will miss the mess, oh yes, you will.