Chocolate Zucchini Muffins or Loaf
3 eggs beaten
1 cup oil
1 1/4 cup sugar (I always cut that down)
1 large package instant chocolate pudding
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup chopped nuts (optional. I like to cut down the sugar and throw in some chocolate chips instead. That way everyone thinks they are eating junk food and they gobble it up.)
- Beat eggs, oil, sugar, pudding mix, vanilla, and zucchini
- Blend dry ingredients and add to zucchini mixture. Mix well.
- Scoop into muffin tins. I use the mini size so that there is less waste and it works well as a school snack.
- Or divide into two loaf pans.
- Bake: large muffins for 17 - 20 min.
- Or: mini muffins for 11 - 12 min.
- Or: two loafs for one hour.
- (all at 350 degrees)
These are moist and delicious and disappear with alarming speed.