Thursday, July 31, 2008

City TV Heroe

*Does a hero bloody her knees, doing the annual swath shave in the shower before the interview?

*Does a hero have to hunt through her teenaged daughter's room for some mascara, eyeliner, or lipstick to try and add colours to a monochromatic face?

*Notice that the hair has gone uncut since early May and the hair straightener is off at camp with the clearly well-coloured, well-coifed affore mentioned offspring?

*Improvise with a self-performed spa... (scissors worked fine on the dog....); then settle on a low, quasi-sophisticated pony-tail?

*consider renting a backhoe to clear out the walk-in closet studio sewing room to fit in a savvy looking interview-type person and her sidekick photographer?

*How about a quick spat with the family, just for balance?

Well, like a family member so helpfully pointed out, everyone gets their fifteen minutes of fame. I suppose two minutes on Winnipeg City tv counts for, well, two minutes of fame. Too bad satellite tv pulled that channel and I didn't actually get to watch my bloodied knees and pale beige face on television this morning.

But then again, I live here. That's sort of heroic, don't you think?!

7 comments:

Judy said...

Oh! You simply MUST find a way to post a link!

Just so you know, you've been my hero since that day you thrifted a couch and used cans of tuna for the legs.

joyce said...

ah, Judy. You are my sunshine.
If I can't figure out a way to watch MYSELF on television, when i live twenty minutes from Winnipeg... then how to I broadcast to the States?! I will have to drive down to the television studio myself, and pick up a dvd of it just to see all the glamour. Maybe I can figure out how to U-tube it and then send you the link! (or not...)
Aren't we all getting alittle weary of that haggard woman who goes on and on about recycling stuff and turning it into bags...?!

Ah well. Still a better claim to fame than a certain fella on a greyhound though, I might add.

Anonymous said...

I saw it, here at home in Winkler, with what Darrel likes to call "peasant vision" - I guess satellite isn't all what it is cracked up to be!?
By the way, you were beautiful as always.

Anonymous said...

Next time we see you, we will have to ask for an autograph!!!!! Even if it is 2 minutes of fame - it is still exciting and great advertising for a great cause!

MK

Karla said...

Bahhhhhhhhh!!

Joyce, why did you not notify your public that today was the day of your tv debut??

Your public is feeling sad that they missed you on tv this morning.

lettuce said...

on the way to $6,000 - you are a hero joyce!

hope you're having a good summer

Ramona said...

I'm so sad I missed it! Maybe you can become the "hottest hockey mom" or something next year(the hottest bag lady doesn't do it...) so we can be sure your clip is replayed?!
Ramona