Friday, April 07, 2006

sex ed: 101

Sammy is as sharp as he is cute. At an oppurtune time, (mommy naked and dripping, being a firm believer in the "open door" policy) he noticed that something just might be missing.

Him: "Where's yours penis, mommy?"
Me: "Mommy is a girl- I have these girl parts, and you have boy parts."
Him: "Oh! You have big buttons, mommy!"

Very perceptive. Buttons sounds downright flattering when I consider the variety of other nouns and adjectives he may have chosen. I'm just grateful that he didn't mention that my buttons were very nearly dragging along the bathroom floor.

7 comments:

Christy said...

Same scenario in our house and Cole told me "MOM, you're moles are HUGE!"

Cherrypie said...

LOL - I remember Jack commenting "Mummy, you look quite pretty 'til you take your clothes off".

Like your updated Profile xx

CeCe said...

I just wanted to say I like your profile update too!

andrea said...

Those were the days when I could still run around in the altogether -- now gone. *sigh* Ditto on the profile.

Anonymous said...

I'm thirsty.

polarpegs said...

I remember when our oldest was not yet 2 and in the shower with his dad. He turned around and saw his dad's boy parts right at his eye level. With a point he asked, "Daddy what's that?"

Always been glad my hubby is a quick thinker and always has great comebacks. I just can't remember what he said.

tammy said...

That is funny! Thanks for the laugh.