Tuesday, August 15, 2006

First Impressions

It's back to work around here, and we started out with a bang- well, with a sparkly candle actually. There is a sweet, chubby baby to add to the throng this year and on his very first day, we got to celebrate his birthday!

Jane and her friend rode their bikes to the grocery store to buy a cake mix and some blue icing, then whipped up this fine "marble" cake. (Okay, it was as HARD as a marble, and they mixed all the chocolate and vanilla up, then slopped most of it on the sides of the pan, but I was right proud of their independence and thoughtfulness...). We added some sparkly birthday sticks, decorated paper crowns with marker and foamy dinosaur stickers, then Jane and friend served up slabs of marble with ice cream for afternoon snack.
I think the little king was pleased.

7 comments:

Cherrypie said...

Awww - day care looks fun at your house.

And I'm admiring the clean, shiny, dust-free floors.

andrea said...

He's a cutey. Oh, how I wish my kids had gone to daycare at *your* house when they were tots!

Roo said...

mmmmmmm
blue icing.

Anonymous said...

Good luck Soldier.

lettuce said...

Great cake. And I LOVE the sound of near-immersion therapy.

lettuce said...

(just seen your comments on my "other" blog - thankyou. Your words help too)

joyce said...

you are so kind.......