Thursday, March 29, 2007

Clean Sweep

I have the most beautiful daughter in all of daughter-dom.

But my daughter is a pig.

P.I.G.

Being spring and all, it seemed appropriate to evict all things PIG-like. But I found I'd grown attached to that daughter of mine, and I didn't quite have the heart to drive her out.

So... since we never get a four or five hour long reality show with our cable package, we decided to do our own.

After two large garbage bags filled for the thrift shop, and two large garbage bags for the garbage truck, we found a lovely bedroom.

All that hard work paid off.

Now all we need to polish up are her manners.....

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet, I cant beleive it's still looking that way and we did that 3 days ago! thank you for helping me (doing most of it). I love you lots <3 arianna

Romeo Morningwood said...

I have one of those too! I have no idea how she has managed to..oh wait I remember now..instead of searching for a particular item of clothing she simply buys a new one or steals something from her sister!

I prefer to live on the opposite end of the spectrum..
my bedroom is immaculate but the inside of my brain is a disaster!

Queenheroical said...

I was that daughter to a certain mother and once in a fit of frustration, she cleaned my room and threw out my entire poetry portfolio -- we had a much better understanding of one another after that (LOL).

I love the spots on the wall!

-Krina

Anonymous said...

Fabulous room. Love the before and after photos.

Anonymous said...

I have one of those as well, drives me crazy but now I just shut her door. Have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

Never mind the daughter, please will you come round to my place and clear up my stuff!!!

Anonymous said...

At first I thought maybe you had snuck into my own daughter's room!! :)......She is a creative mess...and I love her...but her Dad refuses to go into her room at all ;)...perhaps it is time for a little spring cleaning for us also.

Roo said...

i l-o-v-e the butterfly quilt. :)

Heather Plett said...

We did the very same thing in my daughter's room on Saturday, only I forgot to take pictures. There were things buried in there that she forgot she owned.

Linda said...

Hey, how did you get into my house to take a picture of my daughter's bedroom?