Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Dance of Life

Melancholy comes easily today and much could be said of the unanswered and miserably sad in life.

There's no denying though, that beauty and ugly insist on holding hands, moving together through this life dance. Beautiful music fills the empty spaces, while the snow outside melts slowly... only to return twelve hours later in a violent storm.


While the birds sing promise of fresh growth and green grass,
People die deaths, even in spring.
Disappointment and compassion know depths unheard of.
Others twist to grant themselves a mighty pat on the back for holding back the"I told you so's".
Their backs bleed raw with the lack of joy in it.
The old find that they move even more slowly, belaboured.
Weary of climbing steps to the church for more buns, more talk of souls in eternity.




Heart too large for the space of my throat, and never having been much of a dancer, I turn my eyes instead to the subtleties of lighting and colour.

Other songs will come.
My feet can then follow my heart.

God have mercy on us all.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound so sad, wish I could help.

it's a gong show... said...

Sadness is pouring out of this post Joyce. Rest my dear friend, take baby steps everyday and know that God is always with you.

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Judy said...

Praying for you, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Joyce....it is a sad week for our community...I feel it too....Lindalew

Anonymous said...

Joyce, Sometimes I read your blog for the laughs, sometimes I read it to connect with a family I barely know, and sometimes, like today, I come here knowing that you will put words to the sorrow and confusion that I cannot express.... Your cousin, Denise Kehler

lettuce said...

Joyce, god have mercy on you and all of your family and loves.

Roo said...

i am also sad.

joyce said...

Denise Kehler
What an honour... Yes, its some gene pool we swim in.

Anonymous said...

Joyce,beautiful pictures....beautiful words. Very real for me. Kathy