Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Rag Dolls





Arianna's rag doll sits beside "monkey" who is quite possibly the most beloved childhood stuffy of all time. Raggy is wearing a remake of a dress that Arianna wore when she was flower girl for her auntie at the age of three.
(Okay, edit: This was her self named "berry picking dress" that she liked to wear when we went to auntie Mary's farm. She loved to pick raspberries and nan king cherries in her garden.




This is Jane's rag doll. She is wearing a dress fashioned out of what was Jane's very most favorite dress when she was three years old. Her hair is made out of tea dyed strips of chenille that I found at the thrift shop.

4 comments:

andrea said...

Omigod! That's Cheeky monkey! Or almost! He was my most beloved toy when I was very small. And also, being a tomboy nicknamed Andy-Pandy, I had a much-loved Raggedy Andy doll. Thank you, Joyce.

joyce said...

The monkey was a gift to Arianna when we moved to our first house. It was given to her at the age of one by the very old previous owner of our very old previous home. I've always wondered how old he is.

Raggedy Andy- Next on my list of stuff I want to make when they change the standard 24 hour day into 56 hours.

Anonymous said...

joyci, tonight was the night, instead of our somewhat weekly walk-jog, I decided to check out your new hobby, blogging. I read everyone of them. It was so fun reading the happenings in your life. I asked God a while back for a authentic friend, and that I have found in you. Thank you
You know I don't even know if Im leaving this comment in the right spot...

Celena said...

Hey, I'm going to post a picture of MY babe's Raggedy Ann doll!