Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Good Problems






May all your problems be good problems. May fabrics cover every horiontal surface of your cramped living spaces. May colour schemes and designs cause you to saute velvety remnants in cast iron for dinner. May your days be ever too short, regardless of how early you begin and how late you flog yourself onward. May your machines multiply as Abraham's descendents. May the dandelions in your boulevard dance in the wind as your heart dreams of bigger spaces with less fertility. May you be overwhelmed with the goodness in others around you. May your goosebumps develop shivers in the presence of orange and green batiks from Barundi; greens and browns from Tanzania; and tukels from the hillsides of Ethiopia.

12 comments:

gloria said...

so glad you are not letting yourself be overwhelmed, this is God's work you are doing.

Roo said...

i likes the groovey green one at the top. :)

joyce said...

me too, ruth. I can't wait to carve that one out.

Jennie C. said...

This blessing felt specifically for me. Except for the batiks and turkels ... I've yet to get my hands on any of that.

Romeo Morningwood said...

What is tuchus from the hillsides of Ethiopia?

Louise said...

I love what you are doing.... it is so awesome!!! Those bags are amazing! what a blessing!

Anonymous said...

wow, Joyce, I think that qualifies for some Bible reference...I dunno Song of Solomon, Revelations, Psalms 1000:21? Or what about Re-Joyce 92:1? That's beautful.

Kathy

Rowena said...

That's a good wish. We all need better problems. Much better than the petty problems we let take over our lives.

Judy said...

Oh, wow, Joyce.

You rock.

lettuce said...

may you always manage to find time for yourself as and when you need it!



(so glad you are auctioning now - you SHOULD be getting more money for them!)

Anonymous said...

Hi Joyce, It's Zaza's Mama. I'm wondering if you give progress reports???? How much have you raised for Darfur now? I'd love to know.
~ Linda
www.mysistersjar.wordpress.com

Heather said...

Joyce, I finally have that package of material together to send you--can you email me at gracedbychrist @ gmail dot com with your address so I can send it?