Thursday, September 11, 2008


It started out like any other ordinary day. I'd awoken early and attempted progress on a week's worth of tasks before heading back up the stairs to wake the kids up in time for school. I had tucked them in a short nine hours earlier; whole, well, and full of adolescent potential.

Imagine my surprise when I went to rouse my beautiful daughter and discovered that overnight she had turned from level headed teen-ager to beast?!

But what is this I see?
WHEW!
As sweet as it would be to have a feline for a firstborn, I was relieved to find the original model buried under that big blanket!

Crazy cat. She owns the place.

Nap time? Same darn thing.
And she wasn't that easy to kick, kiss, or slobber out of her cozy little nest either.
Kitty daycare. Naps from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. Now there's a clever idea.

1 comment:

Romeo Morningwood said...

Ooh a sing-a-long!
"And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon,
Little boy blue and the man in the moon..."