Wednesday, January 04, 2006

cleansing

I guess when I spend the better part of a day letting fluids drain from my eyeballs, it shouldn't be surprising that upon waking up next morning, I half expected to be either dead from drowning, or ten pounds lighter.

I am pleased to report that I am neither dead nor anorexic, but feel more like I had some sort of mental and spiritual colonic; like the tears washed through part of the muck in my heart and in my mind. It feels relieving to be in touch with the pain, to face up to the real monster, instead of daily fighting my smaller man-made versions. Its not that scarey.

For my battle is not against flesh and blood , but against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. (Ephesians 6:12)
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. (6:17)

Well, I have all kinds of requests, so now all I have to do is attach them to all kinds of prayers.

No comments: