Monday, January 09, 2006

words that I will miss

I am acutely aware of the relentless march of time. There are little boy words still to be heard in our household, but not for long. Here are some which I will miss:

Antofee (Anthony, Sam's daycare buddy)
why-yo (Mario)
gwee gwon (I need to go to the bathroom now, and have a bowel movement. Aren't we all glad that I shared this one?)
choppa chip (chocolate chip)
chogga yoke (chocolate milk)
pie-nan (spider man)
Pum pob pee in pants (sponge bob square pants)
ee-we-anna ( big sister Arianna)

Its hard for me to remember the older kids ever talking toddler talk, so I know that I'm likely to forget Sam's as well. The whole family has actually adopted Sam's language, until recently when it struck me that he's not going to look real bright going to kindergarten saying; "I go Gwee Gwon".......

2 comments:

andrea said...

Aha! The secret of Brian's URL revealed! I miss those days and they seem an awfully long time ago now since my 'baby' is 11. No, wait -- I told him (and he quotes me) that my baby is now my camera, but it's a decidedly mute baby.

andrea said...

Now now -- that's being a little harsh. (Maybe he's just a good bullshitter.) :)