Thursday, March 09, 2006

I wonder how many SUV's I've thrown out?

How's this for a schoolyard scrap? Two kids and their parents and a school teacher fighting over a discarded Tim Hortons coffee cup? How will this affect playground politics? When said teacher is on outdoor duty, will he also fight kids for his turn on the swings and climbing structure?

If the kids are smart, they'll sue the teacher for drinking an addictive property on school property. If the teacher is smart, he'll take his toys and go home, and maybe return to grade school himself. If the parents are thinking, they'll take the oppurtunity to teach their kids about what's truly valuable in this life.

And I'm not referring to the SUV.

4 comments:

andrea said...

Are you saying that the person who discarded the cup (a teacher?) has now entered the fray, too? Why am I surprised considering who we have as democratically elected officials in this country?

Anonymous said...

I'm with you - good grief. How silly will people get over belongings? I read the article this morning and rolled my eyes, imagining a court battle and lost friendship. That's the worst part. What are these kids learning through this whole thing?

Anonymous said...

What happened? Was this a roll up the rim to win cup with a vehicle under the rim? And they were all fighting over it? Or are they all avid recyclers, and wanted to be the one to toss it in the correct bin? I've read no paper today - other than my packing list. And two recipes.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I won a coffee the other day! And by the way you are a great day care provider, and those kids are lucky to have you....You keep those flannels on a nd your head up! If I don't see you, have a splendid weekend. I know you won't leave without checking the comments.