Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Arianna Faye Kehler Hildebrand

Tomorrow is the first day of the new school year. It's been quite a summer of changes, and we're not through yet. Tomorrow,my firstborn is going to junior high, and it'll be another season of new beginnings. She's baby-sitting age now, and a second mommy to her little brother. But to me, It seems a lifetime ago, and just yesterday that "monkey" was her constant companion, and I still got to choose her clothes every morning.

You were the start of it all for your dad and me-- you launched us from him and me, to....... "US". We became a family. You were/are my pride and joy. I couldn't believe that you were my little girl! I so hoped for my first to be a baby girl, that I decided it was impossible, and fell in love with a boy named Graeme instead. When you were finally born, I nearly asked the Doctor to check again! When Auntie Carol came to the hospital to meet you and saw you sleeping in the bassinet (I swear the first and last time that you slept, until you were four or five.....) She insisted that you were indeed a BOY!! We had to undress you, and then there was no getting around it! God gave me a girl? I just couldn't believe it, I was over the moon with joy!
Arianna.
You have become a lovely young woman, despite the fact that you have human beings for parents. I can't wait to see you join sports teams, enjoy your friends, and make excellent choices in your current reality as Junior High School student.

I love you , kid.
xo Mom

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet, but why about me? (thats not a bad thing dont worry) thanks for everything you've done... (how lame can i be?) anyway love you too xo arianna

Anonymous said...

Yes, Arianna, you ARE a sweetheart. I loved being at the lake with you this summer. Auntie Laura

Bobita said...

Oh! How absolutely sweet!

When my girl child was born I couldn't believe it, either. I asked the doctor, "are you sure?"

And then asked my husband to double-check!

Roo said...

awwwww
your blessed mama joyce. she's beautiful.

when i had shi fry i couldn't believe it too. after she was born they immediately gave her to me and brian and i just sat there freaking out. we couldn't hardly believe that there had been a LIVING being in my belly. eek! finally after awhile the nurse asked, "don't you want to know WHAT you had????" !

lettuce said...

Lovely pics. My daughter (my first-born and only) is just starting secondary school too, first day today - its a sweet welcome painful wrench, isn't it?

joyce said...

Yan: because its your turn- your new beginning.

Laura- we love you everywhere!

Bobita, Yes, I know.

Ruth-- Yeah, a little sci-fi-ish, isn't it? One moment its a lump, the next.... a human.

Lettuce- Exactly. I couldn't have said it any better.

andrea said...

Very touching and oh -- how I know this feeling. It was a year ago that I did the same to my firstborn.

Christy said...

Have a great first day, Arianna.

Cherrypie said...

A beautiful ode to a beautiful young lady.

Jack had his first day at Sixth Form College today ( not sure if it's the same as your High School, 16-18). They grow up so fast.

Carlotti said...

Lovely.

Brought back great memories of a great mom and a great kid. Seems like those "monkey days" were not that long ago!

Here's to more of those......in varying shapes......