Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Carols for the Differently-Psychiatrically-Abled

Schizophrenia: Do you hear what I hear?

Multiple Personality Disorder: We Three Kings Disoriented Are

Dementia: I Think I'll Be Home For Christmas

Narcissistic: Hark the Herald Angels Sing About Me

Manic: Deck the Halls and Walls and House and Lawn and Streets and Stores and Office and Town and Cars and Busses and Trucks and Trees and Fire Hydrants and.....

Paranoid: Santa Claus is Coming to Get Me

Borderline Personality Disorder: Thoughts of Roasting on an Open Fire
Personality Disorder: You Better Watch Out, I'm Gonna Cry, I'm Gonna Pout, Maybe I'll Tell You Why

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells........

* sent to me some years ago.... seems many of us can relate...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too funny....L

it's a gong show... said...

love these!

Nancy said...

oh my...these are hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Would they be funny if you were schizophrenic or had a personality disorder?

joyce said...

having struggled with depression, anxiety,obsessive thought patterns, eating disorders, and knowing and loving many people with conditions of bipolar disorder, ocd, bpd.... there came a point in my life where once in a while it was a relief to just laugh about it. Not to disrespect, make to feel inferior, or suggest that a person with a diagnosis is an open target for mockery. One of my favourite stand up comics has multiple diagnoses. His main topic for humour is mental illness, and for me it provides welcome relief from the stigma and fear of mental illness diagnoses in our culture.

Having said that, I also know that when i was in the throws of bulimia and I would overhear an insensitive comment about it being a condition of vanity, or greed... I was cut to my core.

If my words seem careless and cruel, I apologize.

gloria said...

well, there's no correct way to comment NOW is there?

Anonymous said...

Apology accepted. I didn't mean to sound so harsh....I see your point of view. I guess I'm not there yet.

Roo said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Too funny and I needed a laugh today. You need a song for the chronically depressed.

Roo said...

ahem don't YOU have something to blog about?.....

;)