Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Nothing Inspiring- I'm Too Tired

Tired am I. Completely and utterly tired. This morning it took eight pints of energy and all the strength in my feeble back to bundle four kids for an exciting walk in the bright sunshine and brand new snow. We had two destinations: to the bank to pay some bills, and a stop at the church to play with their toys for the sake of variety. When we arrived at the church, I realized that an hour had passed from the moment I began with the first mitten; then a leisurely one block saunter to the bank; and rounding up a half block near crawl over to the church. One hour.

I stand corrected. Eight pints of energy, quite possibly the same amount of sweat; and an indeterminate amount of patience.

Anyone know a good massage therapist who does pressure points and deep tissue massage?

6 comments:

andrea said...

I just had my Christmas reality check yesterday to keep me from buying that very same junk we're all susceptible to at this time of year. $500 downpayment on #2 son's braces and $280 for the solid top acoustic guitar that's necessary for #1 son's very survival. Looks like Greg and I are getting coal again! :) Seriously, though, if all it takes is a little severe belt-tightening to keep the family in music and straight teeth I have *no* complaints whatsoever. Take that, Dollar Giant!

Mills' Memoirs said...

Joyce! You have to go see Tammy at Back in Balance...it's like two steps from you house. She is AMAZING! I know I've told you this before, but you really should go!

gloria said...

oh junk! I missed Wednesday coffee again. Oh well, the greys were attacking my head like mold again and had to be dealt with.

Bonnie said...

I'm sorry it was so hard for you to get over to the church today, but I was sure glad to see you!

I hope you have a wonderful sleep and an extememly blessed day tomorrow.

joyce said...

it actually wasn't hard, I enjoyed it, but i don't want to do that every day. I didn't go to writing club at night, but stayed home and went to bed at eight. It was needed.

Roo said...

i need something stronger than a massage therepist. my blog got deleted again. and this time its even worse.