Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Frozen and Bored

I'm tired of the last post.
I keep thinking that any day now, I will have a thought.
But then, its just achingly cold. The days consist of small children piling in, consumed with cabin fever... and then we make a day of trying to survive. I try to be nice. They try to enlarge their space by bashing themselves and other objects into the walls. I've opened a new "ride at the fair". The ancient brown couch downstairs is now available for bouncing, jumping, somersaults, and general pounding into the ground. We are currently down one seat in the basement, as last week one of my old-enough-to-know-better daycare gems couldn't be bothered to walk upstairs to the toilet. Instead, she stetched out on the grey armchair and had a good, long, warm peeeeeeeeee.

Maybe she was just cold. And lazy.
The cold does that, you know.

I keep telling myself that I'm grateful to be working at home. That I could be standing at a bus stop somewhere, freezing my arse off. I could be in a frozen car, inching along a frozen road. But that would require a vehicle. Seems that ours has whined its way over to the car hospital repeatedly this month, fussing about this and that. I won't bother to go into the sad song about it being January and all, and how I hate to spend mastercard's money on fixing a vehicle. That all goes without saying.

Well, I'm feeling cold. And lazy. Maybe I'll just go stretch out somewhere and have a good long pee.

4 comments:

Roo said...

i really wish you guys would buy a house on 3rd street. it really would make congregating a whole lot easier during these nasty months. (from one cabin fever mama to another...)

ps: (notice i added the : this time. hehe) i also am TIRED of spending money on cars. especially other peoples cars. grrrrr.

Anonymous said...

Come with me to Mexico dear girl...we will lie on the beach, read, schlurpse Corona, suntan, and pinch the waiter's butts as they walk by : ) L

Valerie Ruth said...

ah yes. brain freeze. and i get to freeze my arse off at bus stops. i'm justifiably grumpier than you!

gloria said...

lol @ visions of Lindalew and Joyce pinching little Mexican buttocks.