Thursday, September 13, 2007

How I Nearly Got to Guatamala

This morning, a group of people from our community left on a trip to Guatamala. They packed the maximum allowed baggage full of backpacks, gifts, and school supplies for the sponsored children whom they plan to visit. I imagine that there were also a number of toolbelts to pack, as they will be building a cinder block school house during their stay.





I felt excited about the trip, even though I couldn't even consider joining them. Gloria and Crystal have gone, as well as the grandma of one of my little daycare sweeties. I wished I were joining them.





But today, Brandy took Crystal's job.

Crystal fled the country to go build a schoolhouse.

I took Brandy's son, Mikey.


And that's how I practically flew to Guatamala.


(Micah and Mikey.)

5 comments:

Valerie Ruth said...

that's a great "almost" trip! turns out Mikey is my second cousin. who wudda thunk it?!

Roo said...

they are total brothers! look at them -- are you sure you guys aren't related somehow?

CUTE!

it's a gong show... said...

i love the way mikey is staring down micah food in the last picture ;P

maybe we are related?!

see ya monday.

gloria said...

Mikey sure looks happy. That must have made Brandy feel real good.

Crystal said...

Awesome! Love how you connected the dots there. And isn't Magoo the sweetest thing ever?