Thursday, September 27, 2007

Why the Words Get Written

I suppose it goes without saying that blogspots are sort of egocentric places. Its where one person, in their quiet space, allows the mind to spill out in all its twisty and less than pretty ways. Much like personal journals or diaries.

All the emotional ugliness that lands up here exposes the true depravity of my human-ness. The goal is to move it from circling endlessly around in my brain towards more conscious thought, then to words, and from there to decisions about how to change directions in the future.

All of our lives are interconnected. And so when I write about a struggle I want to resolve with another person, my writing is pathetically self-centred. Its entirely from my perspective.

Where that has offended, I apologize. My intent is not to rip others down, but to explore the nasty stuff that I see in me, and want to exorcise.

7 comments:

gloria said...

It's OK Joyce. I never took offence. :P

it's a gong show... said...

r u ok? sounding a little sad.

Roo said...

i just wanted to say that i appreciate your piece that you bring to this frustrating puzzle we call life. often your words have openned up something for me that i myself am struggling through....in a weird and wonderful kinda way. thanks joyce.

Anonymous said...

Not sure if I missed something....however, no need to apologize...for many...you find the words for thoughts and feelings we are unable to express. You are doing a good work here my friend ;)

Anonymous said...

What was I supposed to be offended about? Fill me in...it's your blog and you can darn well write what you want...Lindalew

Nancy said...

I'm not sure who you offended or how, but don't let that stop you from continuing what and how you write. Your work is thought provoking, inspiring, and down-right entertaining. Everday I look forward to reading a new chapter in this book of yours!

lettuce said...

hi joyce, so good to catch up with you a bit.

like ruth, your writing often opens up something for me too. I don't see how anyone could read your blog and think you intend ripping other down.

i'm not offended. But i am sulking about your parties.