Friday, May 16, 2008

Voted To The Next Level

I feel like one of those wedding singers from a small town in Arkansas who gets voted to the next level on American Idol. Except I deal in needles and thread and don't have to look good in a skirt.

The Darfur Project is going very well. (except when it's not), and this morning I am anxiously awaiting the photographer guy from the Free Press. I hope he doesn't want a picture of me behind my faithful machine. I'm grateful to Lisa for loaning me her singer, but I think my bernina would hold a grudge indefinately if I found a new partner for the photo shoot and showed up grinning traitor-like beside my substitute workmate.

I hope I don't look like a total dork, and I hope he takes pictures of my best bags instead of my less than best bags. Or the bags under my eyes...... After getting up at 5:00 to clean up a pile of broken rubble on my sewing room floor after a beautiful shelf filled with many of my favourite collectibles came crashing down off the wall. And why not? We'd just spent a few hours the night before finding the floor of that room, dusting off crusty surfaces, filing a million or two papers, sorting buttons, folding fabrics. So, I guess it needed to be vacuumed all over again?!

Oh, well.
I needed to colour my roots anyhow.
Nothing like bad roots to make the bags look bad.

After the photo shoot, I'll be able to send off the last batch of sold bags. And get working on finishing up my next ten... Then we'll see whether I get voted off the island, become the weakest link, or voted to the next level.

Then maybe I'll be able to get up on a stage and exclaim with zero inhibition:
You Like Me!! You REALLY LIKE ME!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You're silly - of course we like you. I don't even know you, but I like you. I'm aways telling people about "my friend's blog" and "my friend made this bag." But I'm not a stalker -- I promise ;)

Crystal said...

I hope everything went well Joyce!

Linda said...

Well, I like you too. I'd like you even if you never made another bag.

Roo said...

glad to hear you are once again filling the pages of the beloved free press!!!!

and yes...i really do like you. it's true. the secrets out. now everyone knows. :)

joyce said...

awwwwwwwwwww, you guys are sweet. Do you want cheques, money orders, or fabric samples?

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying you Joyce. You are certainly a multi-tasker. When will your article be out in the FP? Your discription of your ailments...oh boy!

Beate said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, the man on the picture is my wonderful daddy :)
And I just want to agree with jen c, I really like you to, even if we've never met. Hope you have a great day!

Mills' Memoirs said...

I am so excited to see the article! and I absolutely love my new bag. You are cute as a button:)

gloria said...

can i have my bag back now? :)