Saturday, November 04, 2006

Dinner


When your tummy is still full at 9:30 the following morning, its a pretty clear sign that the food and the company of the night before were exemplary. Nobody seemed to have any trouble at all with making themselves at home.
Which is good, because I have my strengths, but serving hand and foot does not appear to be one of them.

Its mildly embarrassing though, when your company wanders off to the kitchen to "tidy up a thing or two" and I'm finding myself still quite at home on my "new" green couch.

5 comments:

andrea said...

Enough with the table already! :)

joyce said...

neener neener neener.....

Heather Plett said...

I'm no server either. To tell you the truth, I prefer eating at homes where they're not perfect hostesses 'cause it's easier to make yourself at home and not feel totally incompetent in their presence.

Carlotti said...

Since you are one of the "company who wanders into the kitchen to tidy up" frequently at my house, it's nice to know that you get comfy on your couch!

Sooky, spooky, and smokey that you, Brian, and I all post on the same topic at the same time...... But you DID dinner, I drilled a few holes into the wall and collapsed into bed by 9:30!

Anonymous said...

hey, have me for supper and I will be all too glad to go and clean up, as long as I don't have to cook.