Thursday, November 09, 2006

I think I've Earned this....

Two lasagnas
Two dozen muffins
One loaf
Eight preschoolers
Three loads of laundry
Six phone calls
One grocery trip

According to my calculations, I have performed 60 hours of labour in the past 12 hours. Under no circumstances is anyone allowed to request the formula used for this calculation.

The Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta prairies will never look so good as they will, beginning tomorrow at noon. My aching feet will have more than plenty of time to rest, and my lumpy schlumpy glumps will not be growing sleeker as I will be munch and giggle my way through the flat lands. My sisters and I will be attending a gala performance featuring our under-rated, over-qualified eldest sister in a local theatrical production. OOOooh, whatever shall I wear. (already planning on my ripped army jeans, which is all I ever really wear...)

No toddlers for three days. No mother guilt. No meals to prepare. Nope, I crammed all of that into 12 hours earlier today. And when I return, I'll likely cram 60 hours of catch up into the first 12 hours home.

Au Revior!

11 comments:

mmichele said...

oh how fun!
have fun!

Bobita said...

Have so, so much fun!

Anonymous said...

I am SO EXCITED!!!!!!! The oldest sister.

mmichele said...

you might have SOME mother guilt. you are away from them, after all...

Carlotti said...

I am having fond memories of past trips across the prairies.... Zounni dearri becksi - how on earth did Mom and Dad ever put up with that?!

Looking forward to bonding......

Anonymous said...

You'll have a wonderful time I'm sure. Enjoy every minute. And if you feel guilty, as I'm sure you will, eat chocolate!

esther said...

ENJOY!!!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time Joyce, and don't forget to celebrate your birthday along the way! By the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Roo said...

AHHHHHHHHH!!! i just looked at the maranatha calendar and saw it....
SAW WHOSE BIRTHDAY IS TOMORROW TOMORROW!!!!!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAUTY JOYCE!!!!
glad you were born.

andrea said...

Happy birthday (again) Joyce.

Romeo Morningwood said...

Say Hi to Thelma and Louise.