Thursday, November 23, 2006

Let the Games Begin...


Roll out the red carpet: We have our first contestant. Allow me to introduce Lettuce and her fabulous selection of U.G.L.Y. sweaters.

Lettuce: please choose a virtual holiday corsage from my prized collection. The one with the golden candy cane, you say? Excellent choice!

Thank you for participating. We have nine corsages to go. We mustn't dawdle.


The pretty little pink number goes to Judy. Its to match that carpet she has sometimes mentioned in her posts. The truly ugly knitted circle thingy with a very pathetic santa in the centre is an honourable mention for Esther for putting on a sweater that would look ugly on anyone but her. She's just too cute. I know, I feel sorry for her too, it hurts not to fit in.

Its four oclock in the afternoon now, on "U" day. I still have to plug in the spotlight in the front yard, try to rescue my jello mold, and put some drinks on ice.

TTMN. (ta, ta for now.)

5:35 pm and the entries are still pouring in. Can you believe that Ldahl stole her mother's best sweater for this?! But where will she now eat Christmas dinner?!

For that kind of nerve, you get the WHOLE TIN FULL!!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found the PERFECT fugly sweater for you the other day. It was white with glitter candy canes. It was truly horrid.

Anonymous said...

:)
Those are corsages? at first glance i thought it was a vegetable platter.

lettuce said...

yippee, I'm so excited. Thankyou thankyou.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday.

May your sweater be the most hideous, grotesque creation of them all xxx

joyce said...

Thank you Cherry, my birthday was on November 11, but you are right that today is my birthday party! And the height of anticipation is unprecidented.

Anonymous said...

Okay, Joyce.

While other citizens of my country are out killing each other in shopping malls and at Walmart, I was at home, arranging my ugly sweater and thinking of you.

I love you that much!

It's up. On my Anybody Home blog.

www.judyh58.blogspot.com

esther said...

as promised a sweater for you...
have a GREAT night!!!

LDahl said...

Party! PARTY!
WWWWOOOOOOOooooooooo!
(My Mom's Sweater)
http://windynights.homestead.com/UgLy.html

Have fun tonight and don't wear anything I wouldn't!!!

esther said...

oh, joyce...you are too kind!!

Anonymous said...

I finally wrote a birthday comment on my blog. Perhaps today, I will talk my oldest into wearing her favorite sweater which is ugly imo and post that for you!!

Heather Plett said...

Sorry I couldn't join the fun. I was busy hugging my toilet bowl and I wore pajamas all day instead of an ugly sweater. I could show you one butt-ugly nightgown, but I'll spare you the horror.

Anonymous said...

Joyce!
Thank you for giving a stranger a place at the table.
I felt like I made many new friends last night (and boy am I tired this morning)! Even when I got to bed in the wee hours, I couldn't sleep for re-living the laughter.
Thanks,
H

joyce said...

Heather #1-- how horrid. yuck, yuck, yuck. I know for sure that black olive spread and hummous would not have gone well with that condition. So sorry. But perhaps in spring?

Heather #2-- I was grinning this morning, thinking about who stayed to the bitter end. A true compliment, and I love that I now have a face to connect to the comments. thank you for coming, and I really mean that.

Anonymous said...

Joyce:
I couldn't think of a better place to spend my 33rd birthday. With all those familiar faces from my childhood, we might as well have been at Ladies Aid (minus the booze).

Here's to the spring tea!

muffin lady

joyce said...

muffin lady ('s aid)
was it REALLY your birthday?!

Anonymous said...

it absolutely was...and I almost jammed out a number of times.
But with the encouragement of Anne, who thought it would be a great idea to spend the evening with a couple of old gals from Zib, I went and had a ball.
Thank you for being you. I must admit I am bit starstruck! Now THAT is funny...

LDahl said...

Sounds like the party went well. Sniff... why do you have to live so far away(not me of course, I live right here.. hehehe!)
I will be having Christmas din-din with my sister... if one has criminal tendencies, one must plan well:)))
Including getting 'ol UGLY back in the closet without getting caught.
Mission accomplished!(I am the pink panther)
I thought my oldest son was going to split a seam he was laughing so hard.
and a good time was had by all!
Thanks for the fun.