Wednesday, October 25, 2006

No beginning and no end

sucky vulnerability.
feeling raw.
so in love with people.
so needing to be alone.
thrilled with life's possibilities.
wanting to hide under the covers.
bored silly.
mind racing with ideas and directions.
content with who I am.
wishing I were so different.
passion for authenticity.
critical scrutiny of my own reflection.
wanting to feel better.
suspecting its not a feeling.
quite sure another human doesn't hold the answer.
tired of reading their books.
in love with diversity.
frightened of it all.

12 comments:

Cherrypie said...

You stole my thoughts and articulated them so much better.

Brian the Mennonite said...

If it's not a feeling, do you have any idea of what it really is then?

Nice thoughts Joyce. Keep it up.

word verification: ieimei

Roo said...

"content with who I am.
wishing I were so different."

yes.
yes.
YES.

thanks joyce.
again.

Anonymous said...

"tired of reading their books"

Yeah, this is what I've been thinking about a lot lately.
At some point "it" has to come from within ourselves. We have to be kind enough to ourselves to allow this to happen in its own time.

It can be frightening, indeed.
Thanks Joyce.
-Heather

Heather Plett said...

Have we been hit by the same affliction?

Nice post. Rings so true.

svea said...

well thought, well put, well lived. you are a jewel

esther said...

love it...you took the words right out of my mouth too!!

Trabinski said...

wow, you said that so well. Here here!

Romeo Morningwood said...

Wow!
Were you by any chance listening to the old 70s pop song..
stuck in the middle with you?

joyce said...

HE: could you please play it for me next time? I promise I'll sing along.

dajamama said...

Thanks for this. Whenever I'm in the mood for some thoughtful reading, I can always count on your blog.

Cheers

joyce said...

gosh, thanks.