Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Identity Theft

Checking up on a few of my favourite invisible people this morning, I came across this set of words:

"So I will be kinda like Joyce, with the exception that she knows how to knit. OH! And she also looks great with short hair. But other then those 2 minor incidentals, we will be nearly the same. (Job wise, anyhow)

"Joyce! What do you do when - 2 kids want the same toy, one wants to go to the bathroom, and one kid is crying for his mama....at the same time?" "

Turns out that Ruth is trying to steal my identity. Oh, it started out innocently enough, with little things that one could easily overlook. But I really started to get frightened when she shaved her head, and she only pretended that she'd had head lice. (or have I paraphrased that a little, and she actually got lice while being a missionary to children, kept loving the chidren, and kept her hair long? Anyhow, those are just trivial details, really). Then she went ahead and had the bold-faced nerve to ask me to learn her how to knit. With sharp, impalable instruments. Shocking, but not at all made up.

NOW, she plans on running a little daycare operation on the side. (did I mention the sharp instruments?) Wow.

So, Ruth, I know what you did last summer. I'm on to you. I've got my eye on you. I've got your number. I've just now run out of cliches.

But I'll be the bigger man. (mostly since I've not been running for about a year now, and I REALLY like nacho chip layered dips.... but I digress). What you want to know is how to share toys, and how to otherwise split your body in 5 or 6 equally portioned pieces? The moment the children enter your home, you duct tape potties to their precious little behinds. They double nicely as booster seats for snack time and in no time, you'll find your toilet training woes behind you. (well, more like behind them, but I think you follow).

Toys: All you really need is a couple of cats, and an assortment of fly swatters, available at most dollar stores for an affordable price. I find this encourages exercise, cooperation, strategy, and teaches some of the necessary building blocks for early education. You can: Count the swatters. Discuss colours. (What colour is kitty with one of auntie Ruth's knitting needles imbedded in her furry little paw?)

If you follow the first two suggestions diligently, you will find no need to deal with homesick babes. They will be so busy running about and swatting, screaming with joy, that even if one of them is actually crying; "mama, mama!!", you're not likely to discipher it over the din.

Best of luck Ruth.
You can steal my identity, because, believe me-- there are days when I really wish someone would.

7 comments:

Romeo Morningwood said...

You should be calling INTERPOL!
One can never underestimate the lengths to which some people will stoop for some negative attention!

OK this calls for drastic action..
#1 change your template..
#2 go down to Mallabars and get a Carmen Miranda wig..
#3 start posting exclusively under your new nom de blog,
You Shaved Your What?
and don't leave out any%$@#*&thing about how gross it is to look after snotty little %#$@&* c'mon don't get mad get even!!

You can do it! Then after all of the hangerson have all copied your nouveau persona you can switch back and leave them in the dust....

Gee that sounds like a lot of work, you might as well stick with the 'blogger that brought you to the dance' because everybody loves ya just the way you are. Besides nobody else has such an incredible tolerance for screaming homesick kids...they wouldn't last a second in your shoes. HA!

Cherrypie said...

Make the most of it. Stay in bed if you feel like it and let Ruth handle the day-care

joyce said...

I'm tired just thinking about all those suggestions. I think i'll just grab my blankie and snuggle down for a ni-night instead.

but Cherry-- She's on the other end of TOWN!

Roo said...

WOW
thanks joyce.
that was very generous of you to offer all those golden suggestions. i've taken notes and i will begin to implement them tomorrow.

the only thing i'm concerned about is won't the mothers wonder about the duct tape? (they;re in the next room)

ps maybe next week i'll get my nose pierced. he he
:)
;)
:P~~~

Trabinski said...

Wow, I feel like I just went to a brilliant workshop on parenting! I'm so using everything I just read and will check back often for updates. Great stuff!!

Thanks for the welcome back to blogworld!! I've been missing out big time.

Bobita said...

"The moment the children enter your home, you duct tape potties to their precious little behinds. They double nicely as booster seats for snack time and in no time, you'll find your toilet training woes behind you. (well, more like behind them, but I think you follow)."

I'm laughing so hard I think I peed a little! (Maybe I need a potty attached to my hiney!)

Anonymous said...

grins, gals.
experience is our best teacher, now don't you wish your little ones could be cared for by me?